YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THIS FORM IF YOU CHECKED OUT YOUR LAPTOP WITH AN SGRITA SUPPORT STAFF MEMBER IN PERSON. IF SO, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
2013/14 - Calhoun
Laptop/iPad Acceptance Agreement
Laptop/iPad Protection Guidelines
following guidelines are provided to help keep your laptop/iPad in good repair. If you need further information or
assistance, please contact your school technology team for support.
- When you are not using your laptop/iPad, use
a reasonable measure of protection to create a barrier that protects your
laptop/iPad, such as a locking cable, locked file drawer, etc. Develop the habit to keep your laptop/iPad in a
locked drawer, a locked classroom, or with you. Actions that keep your laptop/iPad safe work best
when they are habits.
- Report any loss or damage of the laptop/iPad or peripherals immediately to your technology team.
- If you are transporting the laptop/iPad in
your vehicle, keep it out of sight or in the trunk to prevent theft.
- According to the acceptance agreement,
each teacher is responsible for all parts of the laptop/iPad, including peripheral
equipment (mouse, cables, power adaptors, etc.)
- When asked to return your laptop/iPad to your
technology team for repairs or maintenance, do so immediately.
- Take care not to expose the laptop/iPad to
extreme temperatures. The liquid
material in the screen can both freeze and boil, so keeping the laptop in your
vehicle for extended periods of time during harsh weather is not a good idea.
- Avoid eating or drinking near the
computer/iPad, as food can damage the keyboard and the electronics directly under
- Do not install unapproved software on
the laptop/iPad. Your TST and/or LSTC will
work with you to identify software that has been reviewed for instructional
purposes by your system Curriculum Director and technically evaluated by the
technology team. This will prevent
unwanted viruses on your laptop/iPad and the system network.
- The laptop/iPad has been issued to you for
your professional use. Should you
allow another school employee to use your computer/iPad, make sure that you have
logged completely out, so an unauthorized user cannot access sensitive
data. Remember all student information
is confidential and covered by the Code
- You are required to change your network
password(s) when you receive the laptop/iPad.
Do NOT share your passwords with anyone.
- If you need to connect to the Internet
outside the school network, your technology team members may have to help you
with setting this up.